Posted byThe Sinner Saint Diary
Posted onMarch 26, 2017
A lot has been written about how men cheat for the sex and affairs for women tend to be more emotional. As often, people talk about how cheating is often a replacement for something that a person is not getting from their marriage or spouse. How often is it more, and less than that that? Do we ever cheat as a settlement for something unrelated to our marriage or significant other, something greater we wanted?
How great can the greatest sex be? The greatest I can imagine, is only a matter of moments, an hour, a day, a memory. What is that compared to the most significant aspects of a life? Life long friendships, parents, children, success, fame, meaning, a purpose, adoration, safety, hope, admiration, or reconciliation, and other things, may be bigger, last longer – and in whatever way, be more significant to our lifetimes, than a fuck or affair.
This is not to say that sexual desire and emotional care are not significant needs. If a good fuck or some romance is truly all that’s needed, and some kind of affair can answer a painful deficiency of such things- cure long term anxiety, then great – we’ve likely found our solution. If we’re going to go that far and take such risks – throw down and lay down the chips, let’s be raw freaking honest about why were doing it, and make sure that infidelity is merely a supplement to what we’re missing in our relationship, and not a substitute for something else more profound; something, that with our cheating, we’re choosing to give up on. A settlement. A consolation. A forfeiture
Is it brave to venture outside the relationship if it is in lieu of something we truly want – that’s actually the cause of the void? Granted, there are things that have no recourse. If we lose a child, no amount of bravery or honesty with self is going to fill that void, hopefully there’s enough sex and medication to get us through such devastation.
But, shouldn’t the question be asked? If we’re ready to put our most significant relationship on the line – do something so bold, we might as well do just that – and make sure that having an affair isn’t a diversion to something more fundamental we need – something we don’t think we can obtain or manage -something that takes even more audacity to confront.
If it’s romance and fucking we’re truly needing, then I say we make damn sure what we go after is good; However, no matter how good it is, if we’re doing it as a cop out, do we not fail ourselves and risk harming others for not?
Cheating 8: Is it Really Sex or affection we Want or is Cheating a Settlement?
1. If it feels good to do – somebody does it.
2. If they’ve been doing it and break a promise not to do it again – they’ll never stop.
3. If they accuse you of doing it, and you’ve never done it, they’re the ones doing it.
4. If you have to lie about it, you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
5. If both of you do it – you’ll do it more often.
6. The more eager you are for them to be doing it, the less they’ll want to.
7. If you resist doing it -they’ll want you to do it even more.
8. If you resist too much, they’ll find another to do it, or do it themselves.
9. If you each do it and never talk about it, then you both know the other is doing it.
10. If they say they didn’t do it, and you didn’t ask if they did, they’re doing it.
11. If a lot are doing it, and nobody’s talking about it -it’s probably really F??k?ng good.
12. If they tell you it’s really good, but they’re not doing it – probably really F??k?ng bad.
13. If doing it is bad for you, it probably feels good to do.
14. If your mother wants you to do it, how good can it feel?
15. If your mother forbids you from doing it – she hasn’t done it.
16. If your mother suggests you don’t do it – she’s tried it.
17. If your mother pretends not to know you’re doing it – she still does it.
18. If you make them stop doing it, they’ll never let you do it.
19. If doing it worked once, it will work again
Life, moving so quickly,
Art seems to have won
This battle for being.
I slipped back in
While trying to engage
Pursuits more rewarding.
The creating owns me
Outside of the ecstasy
it pays off nothing.
The loneliness is crazy
its magnitude absurd
Had to be, maybe.
Fading and alone
I’m getting old
With no family.
Put my face in hands,
Wondering, is there
Still time for anything?