The reader comments throughout this series have been enlightening: together we have identified the following factors and components.
Cheating, Sexual Infidelity
Four Main Components:
- Two or more people in a relationship:
Marriage, boyfriend/girlfriend, engaged couples, domestic partners, etc.
- One or more persons outside the relationship:
This person can be involved in a physical way, or through media.
- Sexual stimulation:
Behavior that sexually is stimulating for cheater or participant.
- Knowingly breaking an assumed or agreed upon rule, without the consent of the other party.
- Doing something that you know your partner believes you are not doing
- Doing something that you know your partner has an expectation you’re not doing
Some of the properties we’ve discussed:
The Other Person:
Stranger, Co-Worker, Acquaintance, Professional
Double Cheats – Spouse’s Friends/Family, Friend’s Spouse
Exposure Pics, Exposure in Person
Masturbation cam, Masturbation in Person
Sexual contact: Non invasive, Intercourse
Amusement, Ego Boost, Revenge
Sexual Arousal for Cheater and Accomplice
Sexual Release/Orgasm for Cheater and Accomplice
Financial Gain for Cheater and Accomplice
One Occurrence: Minutes. Hours, All Day or Night
Term: Days, Weeks, Months, Years
Frequency: Daily, Weekly, Bi-weekly, Monthly
Hopefully this outline will help focus the discussion, and give us some terms and definition for reference. Now that we have a sketch of what cheating looks likes, Part V identifies loopholes – suggests some ways to beat the system – to be naughty without cheating.
Cheating IV: Anatomy of Infidelity